DECLUTTER-ORGANIZE-RELAX

July 17, 2013

How To Organize And Find Clothes Quickly In A Drawer



Fold and file instead of laying the clothes flat!


This is a really easy and fast way to locate t-shirts, sweaters and jeans. 

(I even do it with my pj’s)


 I have been “filing” the clothes in my drawers for a few years now:

I fold the shirt normally and then over again top to bottom to fit the height of drawer. If the drawer is shallow I fold it in 3rd's.



 

Notice the organization by color!


 I found a product called Pliio at Bed Bath and Beyond that can make it even neater
Pliio by FHE Clothing Filers

So it can look like this!



http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/pliio-by-fhe-clothing-filers/1041366790?Keyword=pliio


Or for packing like this:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/pliio-by-fhe-clothing-filers/1041366790?Keyword=pliio
 Okay. So you could cut cardboard the size of the purchased files, but having the sturdy cotton ones may be neater and will probably last longer.



Happy Organizing!

Pliio was designed by Clare Kumar, Chief Organizer and Productivity Consultant at Toronto-based Streamlife-an organizing company. How smart is she!

 PS (I am not getting anything for this post)













.














5 comments :

  1. do people really have drawers that look like this everyday?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jmcwnz Yes. It is actually easier than you may think! I even do it with my sweaters and jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy - I found your post because HGTV.ca linked to you on this page. http://www.hgtv.ca/photos/photo/?gid=ed71764833367af39ec95184a35a966b&pid=8fbef5634d156f69c7fefdd1b4e72074#/7 I figure you might like to know about this tool I created to help fold vertically. cheers, Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare #streamlife! Although I have never actually used it, Pliio looks like a great tool for neat folding!

      Delete
    2. Hi Clare @streamlife
      I thought you might like the updated post!

      Delete

Love comments!

 
Creative Commons License
. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License allowing non-commercial sharing with attribution.